Venice – The Path
As I perused a friends blog reflecting their recent train tour of Italy – and environs, I saw a photo taken in Venice which stopped me in my tracks. There were many beautiful photos from their trip, but if you recall my paintings from my Venice photos, they all featured umbrellas, rain and the night. I immediately selected her daylight photo to paint. I thought it would be interesting to see if I would approach this painting differently. I enjoyed creating the color variation and texture on the walls, though there was texture on my canvas as well. I added plants and simplified many other aspects of her photo. Painting is about eliminating the non essential.
Recently, Venice presented some very exciting news to the world. During the past several years a $7 billion engineering project was developed to save Venice.
It’s fascinating. (The development and engineering of this system was created by a woman – just so you know.) If interested in learning about the project – view this short YouTube video in the link below and perhaps a few more.There is real hope for Venice.There’s just no other place like it in the world. I believe the system first launched a couple years ago. Saving Venice
I actually painted a portrait last week and though “correct” I found it completely boring and hence wouldn’t post it. Have a great weekend. Hope you have some flowers and veggies growing. I have plants, of course, but the primary food I grow is strawberries in containers. This year, I had to divide them and gave tons of plants to friends. YUM! Thank you for viewing my blog. Winifred
- Almost an Angel Comments Off on Almost an Angel
- Girl in Tulips Pulling at Her Sleeve Comments Off on Girl in Tulips Pulling at Her Sleeve
- Man in Red Sweater 4 Replies
- Lady with Shawl in Chair Comments Off on Lady with Shawl in Chair
- Toll Both Attendant – New York Comments Off on Toll Both Attendant – New York
- Girl in Dramatic Light Comments Off on Girl in Dramatic Light
- Lady Byron Comments Off on Lady Byron
- The Poser Comments Off on The Poser
- Lady with Oil Lamp Comments Off on Lady with Oil Lamp