Beginner to intermediate user approximately 2.5 hours in 4 chapters.
A reference photo, same person, (almost but not identical image) is included for this painting in the Practice Portrait Photos, optional download located toward the bottom of the store products.
The great majority of the painting is done from photo content. “Paint” is only added to the background and to the shawl. Hence, this is a good beginner to intermediate level tutorial with lots of time, to soak it in.
In this tutorial:
1. Structure and detail are enhanced in the reference photo.
2. Definition and planes of the face and body are defined and painted.
3. The hair is painted,
4. Facial features are painted.
5. The dress is painted.
6. The dress is repainted from scratch.
7. The background is painted from scratch.
8. A shawl is painted around her from scratch.
9. A vignette is applied.
Watch Winifred and hear her discuss her thinking, her process and procedures for transforming this photo into paintings in Corel Painter.